About Me

I provide Freelance Photography and Video Services

Monday, December 5, 2011

Corp. Head Shot


Today's image is an on location corporate portrait for a client I do work for in Chicago.  The setup for this type of image is always the same for this client.  That means I have to be able to get the same look every time even though I may shoot these images on different days.  I shoot it with two different backgrounds for each person. One with the buildings in the background and another with a portable background.   Adjustments have to be made depending on the time of day as that affects the outside ambient light for the background.  Lighting and color has to be the same all the time for a repeatable consistent look for their website.  The people I shoot for this client have very busy schedules and normally are only available for 10 to 15 minutes tops.  I've done this so often that I can pretty much setup the the lighting and be ready in 15 minutes. The key is knowing my gear.

The first time I shot this work I took more gear then I needed, not knowing what the environment would be, I had to be ready for anything.  I always take backups of everything (cameras, lights, strobes, stands).  Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  I'm happy to say I haven't needed the backup gear yet.  Stay tuned to future posts for the other background examples.
That's it for today.











No comments:

Post a Comment