About Me

I provide Freelance Photography and Video Services

Friday, December 2, 2011


This was the location of a wedding I shot this past year.  One thing I always try to do for every wedding  is visit the location prior to the big event.  In this case I visited this church a week before the wedding at the same time as it was scheduled. This was important because of all the natural light from the windows.  As you can also see I would be shooting directly into the windows which meant my subjects would be back lit.  You don't want to see this for the first time during the real wedding. I spent no more then half hour walking around the church and shooting test shots.





Now of course on the the day of the wedding the lighting would not be the same but at least I had an idea already of what to expect and a ballpark idea of camera settings to start with.  Also  there would be mixed lighting from the church lights being turned on.   The big day came and I'm happy to say it went off without a hitch. 

Yes, I know part of  the title says an image a day, but I just had to show the second one. I also used this time to see what wide angle and fish eye shots would look like.






No comments:

Post a Comment