About Me

I provide Freelance Photography and Video Services

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

As Simple as Black and White

This is one of my favorite images.  It was shot in a studio during a shoot out.  That means there were several other photographers  there and we were all taking turns shooting several different models.  These can be fun and also a big challenge. These work best with experienced models, as they are used to  posing and need very little direction.   Even with this, if  you are the last one shooting you may still be hard pressed to come up with something different from the other photographers that have gone before you.  I decided to have her lay on the floor for a few frames sense no one else had shot her that way.  The colors she was wearing were bright pink and white.  During a little post work I decided to see what it would look like after a black and white conversion.  Needless to say I liked it better.  Over the years I've also learned if you are shooting in jpeg mode and blow the white balance setting and/or exposure to give the conversion a try before tossing out the image. You may get lucky.
Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment